Real by Katy Evans

Sunday, July 28, 2013

| | |
Summary from Goodreads



A fallen boxer.

A woman with a broken dream.

A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.
If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?



My Review



When I saw Remington's name in the final list of the 3rd Annual YA Crush Tournament, I was really curious who the is this Remington is. i have heard most of the names in the final list, so how come I don't know who he is. i heard he is a fighter and he is super sweet. So, I have to know which book he came from.., so tahda! I'm done reading Real by Katy Evans.

M first impression was this is so much like Beautiful Disaster. Brooke first met Remington during Remy's fight, where he is "quite" popular. "Quite" is an understatement actually. Which is so much like he first scenes of Beautiful Disaster. But though there are lot of similarities from the two books, Real still has it's own uniqueness. Even though I find Remy's character a cliche, Brooke is a new character to me. She never mentioned herself as someone everybody admired, nor every guys love to have. She was a former star who lost the only thing she aimed for, but never stopped doing what could make her happy. I just wish I find the back story there. I never heard her cry over her Olympic dreams. I guess the story started at the time where Brooke has already moved on from her tragedy. 

What I love about this story is the combination of drama, action and music in the story. There's also sports but I'm not that much familiar with the double punch and everything. And to be honest, I did not feel much on the intensity of the fights since It's on Brooke's POV and all I can hear about is how much she's being turned on by Remy's fights. Hes, Remy is superduper sweet, I now understand why he's a finalist. and Brooke is an extraordinary woman and their love story is worth writing about but for me, it lacks the it factor, compared to other YA stories. 

All in all, I find the story direct and simple, you-get-what-you-read kind of book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment