Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

| | |
Summary from Goodreads

Juliette now knows she may be the only one who can stop the Reestablishment. But to take them down, she'll need the help of the one person she never thought she could trust: Warner. And as they work together, Juliette will discover that everything she thought she knew - about Warner, her abilities, and even Adam - was wrong.  (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13188676-ignite-me)



My Review


OKAY... I didn't see that coming. Warner is now the good guy and Adam has somehow became a heartless and bitter ex-boyfriend. Honestly, I am a bit
disappointed. Book 1 and 2 was so good, everything is building up to a better story for Juliette and Adam when suddenly, boom! Everything changed. All I know from book 1 and book 2 turned upside down. It was not only Juliette who had hard time in believing all the revelations in this book, but me as well. I even had an "in denial" stage because I so love the first 2 books that book 3 has somehow destroyed them for me. 

But despite all that, I can't stop reading the book. It came to a point that Warner grew on me, and finally, I learned to accept the good Warner. The Warner with a soft side, the gentle Warner and the thoughtful Warner. OK. I know... I'm having a love-hate relationship with Warner here. I guess that's what made Juliette fall for him. I saw how he was so good for Juliette. But if only Adam has not become what he became, I might still root for him. Did Ms. Mafi just had a changed of heart or did she plan it from the start? Because it's mean to do that. For me to wait for the book for more than a year just to break my heart in the end. :(

Still, I loved the story. Juliette has transformed to this whiny trapped girl to the hero she always needed to be. Though I find myself getting surprised on how much confidence she is showing in this book. But I guess, with everything that is happening, this is what Juliette should really do right from the start.

But more than the book, I fell in love with Kenji more. He became the balance of the story. The one who glued everyone together and the one who made Juliette keep going. I knew it, when I said in my last review that Kenji is not just a simple character that will pass by. If only Juliette and him ended up together, I would be exhilarated. hahahah!

I love the lines as well. Lines that will reach your heart. Either it's something I could relate with or just something beautiful. Let me leave by sharing some of them.

"No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence"

"Maybe we both fell in love with the illusion of something more"

"Fear will learn to fear me"

0 comments:

Post a Comment