Angel Fever by L.A Weatherly

Sunday, March 2, 2014

| | |

Summary from Goodreads

As half-angel Willow strives to save the world from her parasitic otherworldly kin, romance and tension heat up to a climactic finale.

In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. Will love endure? Will the human race survive? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10314229-angel-fever


My Review


Action-packed story right from the start. L.A Weatherly don't need a warm up to get right to the scenes. It's like the full story is going to the climatic event. The story seems so full of everything in a good way. It's not fast paced but it feels like it. Or maybe, it's just me trying to read fast due to my excitement and apprehension on what's going to happen next. Every page has something that makes the reader continue reading until you realize it's late at night and you can't sleep without finishing this book. It didn't even give me the break to breath. It's kind of stressful in a way with all that is happening but I can't help but love this book.

Once I started reading, there's no stopping. I didn't even paused to review the last books. It's like I've read the previous books yesterday as I  get familiar with the characters once again. I didn't expect much from the trilogy for I have read a lot of angel stories. And angel stories are not just stories, L.A Weatherly has to up her game to create a story with big competitions like the Hush Hush series. But this third book has made the Angel series included in the top list. 


I love how I get to get pieces of Seb, Alex and Willow's ( have I mentioned how much I love her name? No? Well now, I'm saying it.. I looovveee willow) thoughts. Though it's quite confusing some times, I 'm getting the whole picture with their alternating POV. Their love triangle isn't that much for me as we all know right from the start (and it was made clear thousand times) that Alex is Willow's love while Seb is the brother due to them being the only half angels in the world. But warning for readers, this doesn't mean it wouldn't make you confuse anymore. There are lots of happenings in this book (as I've mentioned before) that will make you doubt some of the things you are sure of. At first I thought this series is plottable, but it's not. 

With this book, it's like I am watching a movie. I could picture everything so clearly. The conversations, actions and even the heartbreaking scenes. It's just so perfectly fit for a movie.



1 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

OOoh nice review! I still need to read this one myself! Glad you were able to jump right back in without needing to review the previous books. I feel like I can remember some details when I force myself to think about it! Hoping to get to this one soonish now that I read a review! Don't think I read one when it first came out or if I did and just have forgotten! That's why I love bloggers and how some of us don't get to particular books right away! Gives us other readers a chance to read reviews for these kinds of books!

Sorry for the ramble! Great review! Looking forward to reading this one!

Post a Comment