Thing I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

| | |
Summary from Goodreads

Companion to Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker. 


Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt--with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12551082-things-i-can-t-forget?from_search=true



My Review

The title suit this story best. Kate has a lot going in her mind that she can't forget and forgive herself. 

It took me awhile to love this story. Well, you can't blame me. I first known Kate as the judgmental b*tch in the previous book. I just can't stop myself from agreeing more and more with this adjective as I read the book. Kate is so close minded and so idealist. She thinks too much, analyze every actions and words. I'm getting tired just reading her thoughts. Maybe that's why I didn't enjoy the first part so much. 

But it got exciting when Kate started hanging out with Parker and Matt. Just hearing Parker and Will once again got me excited. It's nice to know that they are getting stronger. And with Matt, Kate at first started doubting everything, but when she started to finally realize how to organize her thoughts and beliefs, I started to like her. 

Maybe it's hard to have a friend like Kate at first. But with the improved Kate, she's quite cool and thoughtful. Well, unlike Megan who I started to hate right from the start. I don't know what exactly her problem is. 

I love the development of Kate's character and her relationship with Matt. At first I was afraid that this story will follow the previous two books' trend where the girl didn't end up with her first love interest. But as the story goes, I find myself not caring anymore. The way Kate have matured and handles herself is the best thing that happened to her in the camp. Well, other than meeting Parker and Matt.

As for Matt, I love his character. He's sweet and cool for a frat boy. He had his heart broken but find himself again loving and trusting. I find him as the boy-next-door type who's super cute, adorable and handsome. His character wasn't explored much since it's Kate's story to tell, but his character perfectly complements Kate's. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment