The Iron Fey 3 ~ The Iron Queen

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

| | |

Summary

Ash and Meghan are now free to love each other. After choosing to be banished that to swear never to see each other again, they are now in the mortal world to find a future together. But with the Fake Iron King trying to kill her, Meghan can not return to her family and risk them being involved. So, Meghan and Ash decided to go to the queen of exiles--Leanansidhe (did I spell it correctly? :-s) but before that, they need to return first to the Oracle whom took Meghan's best memory before-- the momory of her stepfather, who happened to be under the care of the queen of the exile herself.

However, the NeverNever is not yet through with Meghan and Ash. The truth is, they needed them badly, especially Meghan and her being immune to iron. Seelie and Unseelie court are now at war against the Iron Kingdom. And truth be told, they are not winning. Meghan is their only chance of surviving this war. But of course, Meghan would not do it alone. Ash and Puck would be where Meghan is.

My Review

This is like a whole new story with more excitement! But first, let me quote one of Meghan's line in this book:

"... Fairy godmother didn't exist...Besides, I had something better than a fairy godmother. I had my faery knight, my faery trickster, and my faery cat, and that was enough. In the end, it didn't matter."

I think this says it all on the story. This is a faery story but not a faery tale. 

I totally love the Ash in this story. The cold Ice prince is gone and is replaced by a very sweet, thoughtful and vocal Ash. I already love him being the Ice Prince but this one, it's like I want to enter the book and take Ash for myself! Sorry Meghan! I never enjoyed much of the fairy tale's princes, but I would say they are nothing comapred to Ash! The best knight-in-shining-armor ever! and oh! He has the ice gamour! beat that! Also, there's a new character I come to love as well is Razor. He's like an animal pet you could put in your pocket.. haha

Among all the Iron Fey books, this one is my favorite. It's because it tells so much the love between Meghan and Ash. It even included Puck's feeling for Meghan. This book tells a lot on all the characters feelings... well, except for Grimalkin of course! And I guess this is where you could really see how much all the characters have grown from the day Meghan found out about the feys.

Then there's the war. It was pictured perfectly. Detailed and very clear. It's like I'm seeing the war myself--like watching a movie. The excitement was heightened further by the idea that the only chance for winning a war is a mere human. Who in all honesty does not have any idea/plans on how to beat the fake iron king. What Meghan only has is her determination and Ash and Puck behind her. 

But what I really enjoyed more in this story is Ash and Puck's banters. I told you before how Ash changed from cold to warm. You could definitely notice it first on how he talks and jokes. Yes! Ash is doing jokes!!!  This part was when they are in the cave in the Iron Kingdom and Ash and Puck are debating who to stay awake to guard the entrance:

Puck: Why don't you take first watch, prince? you could actually be doing something that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out with a spork

Ash: I would think you're better suited to the task, Goodfellow. After all, that's what you're best at, isn't it? Watching?

Nice one Ash! I totally love that comeback. I was laughing out lout after reading this! haaha!

Then, near the end, Meghan did some speech:

"Summer and winter are not your enemies! They are different, yes, but they are fighting the enemy that you hate -- a tyrant who seeks to destroy everything..... Who is with me?"

This speech is better than Snow White and the Huntsman! Really! this would be a better movie indeed! I just hope if they decided to put it into movie, they'll stick on the story.

And at the end, (I want to give spoilers here) this book has been successfully in making me cry. Not just teary-eyed, but really cry. I had red and puffy eyes after!

0 comments:

Post a Comment