Broken and Screwed 2 by Tijan

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

| | |

Summary from Goodreads


New school. New friendships. New life. 

Not so much. 

Alexandra is pissed about her parents abandoning her. She's beyond pissed that her friends did the same. She's enraged because things are unclear about her brother's death now. So her first stop is at Jesse's house to demand answers. She wants to know why her brother was friends with the criminal crowd before he died and she knows he holds the answers. But when she sees him, she doesn't get the answers she expected. Instead, she finds out that their chemistry never faded and soon heats up again! 

Some habits die hard. Soon Jesse and Alex are back to their ways of sneaking around. He's a near-celebrity at school and she doesn't want to deal with the backlash of being his girlfriend. Alex is tired of being hurt so she's learned the lesson not to confide and lean on others. However, she can't seem to help herself when it comes to Jesse Hunt. The big question isn't if she will survive if their relationship goes public, it's if she will survive when the real truths about her family and brother come out? Or when she learns that Jesse knows more than what he's told her?

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/987542867?book_show_action=false


My Review


This book is kind of frustrating. Too much secrets even after all what went through on the previous book. There are lots going on in the story and the only thing that's holding them back is the secrets of both Jesse and Alex. 

I'm frustrated with Alex because she knows there's something wrong with her. I believe she needs some therapy after all she's been through and her current state. I am agreeing with her that she's a nutcase. She could admit to herself how broken she is but still, she never asked for help. She has this fear that everyone will leave her, which is what happened before so I understand a bit. But if only she could open up... I think that would help a lot. But when bits of revelations are made in the middle, I kind of understood her better and lessen my frustration to her.

I'm frustrated with Jesse. I don't know if I love him for being very loyal to Ethan, but to the point that she could sacrifice his relationship with Alex for this loyalty, I am confuse. 

I'm frustrated with the story, because there's lot of going on and I'm almost at the end and I can't see the revelations yet and the story even had the time to introduce new characters which I ma guessing will be the focus of the third boos *sigh... 

And the most frustrating part is even though I am so emotionally pissed with what's going on, I can't stop reading , because I am hoping for a very good ending. The couple deserve that so I didn't stop. At least at that part, I wasn't disappointed. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment