Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

| | |
Summary From Goodreads


There are two sides to every breakup.
This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.

Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.
It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.
Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.  
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1672727.Two_Way_Street

My Review

The story is a bit confusing at first. Courtney's character loves to ramble and I'm really getting lost everytime she does that..which is always. But I realize it adds spice to the story. I even think we think the same. There are lots of going on inside my head as well,even if I'm really focused on something, I find myself later on thinking of something else. Also, the way Courtney handled her break up with Jordan I belive is a typical teen break up. It's what I din before as well... uhmm.. not on the lying to make him jealous part, but me being conscious on what's going inside his head and everything.

Anyways, as I am saying, Courtney and Jordan's POV is like the real thing. It's the way I expect them to think and act. The story is a bit fast, knowing they are on their road trip. Mostly, it's all about what happened to their relationship and all, but I find the plot to be unique and I'm amaze that other parts of the story can still be included in the script, like Jocelyn's.

This is a simple and easy-to-read story that can make you relaz. It has heavy topics as well, but the author made sure that it won't make the reader feel heavy or bad about it. Even if I should be actually.. haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment