Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Friday, July 13, 2012

| | |
Summary from Goodreads

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. 

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match. 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11505797-beautiful-disaster

My Review

Abby is just a girl who desperately wants to escape her past (who wouldn't in her shoes??), with that explained, I guess I could understand Abby's decisions with regards to her relationship with Travis. She loves Travis that's for sure, but she fears that their love for each other isn't enough when her past haunts them both. 

Travis however, well... I haven't been in a very troubled environment to meet someone like him... so I'm sort of doubting some of his behavior as real life... Still, her love for Abby makes me melt and think of nothing else... what doubts am I talking about??? :D 

America rocks!!! She's very real and loyal friend to Abby. She understands her, supports her and most of all, when she feels that Abby is doing something wrong, she tells her. That's how true friends are!

Shepley is a mild version of Travis, but an America to him. He's the best friend that perfectly fits for Travis. Shep and Mare are so good together :)

and Finch... I love him!!! I wish I have a Finch in my life.. "the finch" is really funny!hahaha
as Abby said, he's a perfect addition to her and America's friendship.


I have to enumerate these five characters because it's so rare to have five amazing characters in one book and I haven't even included the Maddox family yet, and Jamie Mcguire did it without much effort! 
The story revolves on how Travis and Abby surpassed everything... literally everything, to be together. But... it also shows how both of them, as individual improved to maturity (for Travis) and to let go of the past (for Abby.)  I adore this story because it gave me a glimpse of every part of Abby and Trav's relationship. How they met, their friendship, jealousy, how they got together, broke up, get back together, broke up and so on and so on... The emotions are very heavy, but you'll still feel the lightness while reading it. The drama and sense of humor in this book was just perfectly combined! I even laugh at some of their fights...imagine that!haha

I've already read this four times, still I find myself laughing at some parts. I just get never tired of this book, that's how much I love it. I know I'm swooning to a book, that some readers actually rated as 1 star in goodreads. But this book really got into me. I totally want to write a longe review just to justify the couple's characters, but I guess readers just have to read it through 'til the end to understand the characters. :D


_______________________________________________________________________
OK! I need to calm myself! *deep breathe..
I read goodreads and from Jamie McGuire's blog that there would be another book for this. It would be titled "Walking Disaster" and it would be on Butterflying Travis' point of view. http://www.jamiemcguire.com/

For Teasers *twinkling eyes,


0 comments:

Post a Comment