Unearthly 3 ~ Boundless by Cynthia Hand

Saturday, January 26, 2013

| | |
Summary from Goodreads


The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.
Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.
As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfily her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.
In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.



http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13049981-boundless

My Review

I so love this year! It's just the beginning of the year and I've read a lot of books as their respective series' last installment and find lots of books I've been looking for so long! This is really a good year for my bookworm alter ego *_*

Though there's a bit of sadness that the stories have ended and I won't hear (read) anymore about the characters I have learned to love, it's quite relieving to finally end my nights wondering what will happen to them. Clara, Tucker and Christian are some of those characters that make me anxious. Who will Clara end up with? What will happen to Clara's vision? Yeah.. I know, you have the same questions. This characters are annoyingly addictive. AND, I'm glad to inform you that this book has all the answers!

Clara never once disappoints me. Her character embodies a true angel. Though she do mistakes unintentionally, it's part of her. Her mistakes were caused by how loving, thoughtful and loyal the girl is. 

From the last book, my head hurt in deciding who's really the best for her. Is is Christian? Her destiny, her soulmate as Jeffrey said. Or is it Tucker-- the love of her life? But this book spared me from that. This time, the story is more focused on their visions on what will happen, and Clara as an angel. There's a little part for her love life, but as you read, you will feel and hear Clara'a heart. From the first word of this book, you'll surely know who really owns Clara's heart.

As a book reader, it's my nature to guess and plot what will happen next. On most books, it is easy to predict what will happen. And I am proud to say, I'm really good at this game. However, this book puts my plotting into shame! In some scenes, I'm on my way on predicting what will happen, preparing myself for the worst...then boom! Something would happen that would blow my plot! this book never ceases to surprise me.

This is one of the best ending I have ever read... and it makes me want to ask for more!!!

4 comments:

The Readdicts said...

Wow! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one just as much as the other two in the series. I've only just got these books and I'm so looking forward to starting them soon. I can't wait to know more about Clara, Christian and Tucker! Awesome review! :D

Oh, and hey, whilst I'm at it, I see you're waiting on Walking Disaster as well! You know what? Jamie McGuire had a fun thing on her FB page, where if her page got some particular number of likes, the release of WD will be preponed to 2nd April! And guess what? It happened! So WALKING DISASTER is officially coming out on 2nd April, 2013! I just thought I'd share the great news with you after seeing the left side bar of your blog! :D

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Unknown said...

Thanks! I'll be waiting for your reviews on these books! I hope you'll enjoy the characters as much as I did ( but I'm sure you'll love them, so no worries there :))

Seriously?! I liked Ms. Jamie's fb page but haven't heard about that! such a great news! thanks! Changed the date on my waiting list..
Still, it's April, I'm hoping it would be released tomorrow.. haha :p

Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind said...

Ah! I am so happy it was one of the best endings you've ever read. I'm just starting. So excited XD
I didn't even think of both guys being in the race. I thought she chose but not everything comes that easy.

Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

Post a Comment